Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Nicks' Postseason Prediction

     Nick's Prediction- 
          National League: Once the season is over, I believe that this is what the playoff bracket will look like. In the National League, I agreed with Bleacher Report and chose the St. Louis Cardinals as the number one seed. The reason why I agreed is because the St. Louis Cardinals have the best record in baseball by 4.5 games. Also, the St. Louis Cardinals have been 8-2 in their past ten games and have a 47-19 record at home which is the best home record. All in all, the St. Louis Cardinals have been red hot than any other team which allows them to take the number one seed. Furthermore, in the National League West I had the Los Angeles Dodgers winning their division and holding a better record than the New York Mets. The reason of this being is because Zack Greinke and Clayton Kershaw pitch lights out. Many people have the thought of the New York Mets having a great pitching rotation, which they do, but I still don't see their pitching as good as the duel of Greinke and Kershaw. Bleacher Report had the same idea of what seeds either team would get. To conclude the National League playoff picture, I had the Pittsburgh Pirates playing the Chicago Cubs in Pittsburgh. Since the Pittsburgh Pirates and Chicago Cubs are two teams with the top four records in the MLB, following the St. Louis Cardinals and Kansas City Royals, I believe it will be a great matchup not only because of their records but because they both are rivals in the National League Central. The reason why I chose the Chicago Cubs over the Pittsburgh Pirates is because I believe the Cubs will come with Jake Arrieta as pitching. Jake Arrieta is an unstoppable pitcher with a record of 17-6. Also, the Chicago Cubs have so much young talent like Kris Bryant for example. In the National League Divisional round, I have the Chicago Cubs going up against the St. Louis Cardinals in a best of five game series. The St. Louis Cardinals are the best team in baseball so I chose them to beat the Cubs easly, even though I'm a Cubs fan. In the other NLDS game, I have the New York Mets going against the Los Angeles Dodgers which I believe the New York Mets will take it because of their pitching rotation and I feel there will be an upset somewhere in the playoffs. To conclude the National League, I have the New York Mets going against the St. Louis Cardinals and the Cardinals coming out with the W in best of 7 game series.

    American League: In the American League side, I believe the Kansas City Royals will take the one seed since they are the best team in the AL. I don't see them going ice cold later on in the season. For the two seed, I got the Toronto Blue Jays because they have been ON FIRE! After their pickups of David Price and Troy Tulowitzki, their team has been unstoppable. Their offense is very powerful now, even before the Tulowitzki pickup. Even though the Houston Astros are winning the AL West, I feel the Texas Rangers can make a comeback with Adrian Beltre and Mike Napoli leading the way. For the wild card, I got the New York Yankees as the first wild card team making it, since they always seem to find a spot in the postseason. For the second wild card team, I believe the Houston Astros will still make it since they have a great record so far this season. The New York Yankees will beat the Houston Astros at Yankee Stadium easily with Alex Rodriguez being as hot as he has been this season. In the ALDS, the number one seed Kansas City Royals will take the four seed New York Yankees. I have the New York Yankees, yes the New York Yankees, upsetting the Kansas City Royals! I believe the Kansas City Royals are still a great team but don't have the capability of going further in the playoffs like last season. On the other side of the bracket is the #2 Toronto Blue Jays taking on the #3 Texas Rangers. The Toronto Blue Jays have a better offense and defense so I believe they will take it easily. In the ALCS the Toronto Blue Jays will play the New York Yankees and like I said, the Toronto Blue Jays are still the best team since the All Star break so I have them in the World series as well.

   World Series: In a close battle between the St. Louis Cardinals and Toronto Blue Jays I got the Toronto Blue Jays winning the world series in game seven! First of all, the Toronto Blue Jays are very good at hitting and have one of the best team chemistry in baseball, in my opinion. Plus, who doesn't like to see an upset? The St. Louis Cardinals have been in three World Series in the past ten years. The Toronto Blue Jays haven't been in the World Series since 1993. Overall, the Toronto Blue Jays will take the World Series ring this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment